It’s time that you look deep and analyze why you aren’t reaching out to the “right” kind of people.
Most of the time, people are usually leave their product page that contains specifications, pricings, features in bullet points, and technical jargon product description that doesn’t help both search engines and your visitors know what you’re selling.
Othertimes, the content simply aren’t specific enough to target buyers in the market because you may not be using proper keywords phrase that people often use to search for products like yours.
Here are 5 handy tips to reach out to the “right” audience for your e-commerce website:
1. Write “Content-Rich” Product Descriptions - Writing “content-rich” product descriptions means including as much information about a product or services in an easy to read manner.
Before writing product description, it’s better to think about all the possible keyword terms your “targeted” audience use to search for it. Once you have the list of keywords, you next job is to create a thorough description that includes those keywords.
Make sure to include those keywords in a natural way. “Unnatural” keyword stuffing will only lead to Google punishing your site.
Make sure to use easy to read, jargon-free, and informative content that includes your major keywords.
2. Create “Relevant” Blog Posts related to Your Products – Once you’ve creating “content-rich” product reviews, do not be tempted to leave it just like it or promote using social media sites or article submission articles.
Remember Google loves information rich resources that help their users find what they’re looking for? “But what’s wrong with the “content-rich” product descriptions we created earlier?” I hear you scream!
I can understand but unless your website is a well-established site like Amazon, you cannot get high rankings for your product descriptions. In other words, you cannot just rank for product descriptions.
In Google’s eye, you have to establish yourself as someone who’s passionate about their niche: someone who likes to share ideas tips, and more free information to people who are searching for.
So go ahead and just do that. Create a blog section and publish posts that are relevant to products on your online stores. If you’re running out of ideas, you could share the benefits, pros, cons, or write honest reviews, and so on.
Include links to your product pages to allow people to navigate to your store when they’re ready to buy products from you.
3. Spread your content on relevant sites – Now that you have a great product description and blog posts, your online store is ready for traditional marketing techniques.
You can be creative here and use your imagination to share your content in number of ways, including writing guest post for others, submitting useful tips on content sharing sites like Dropbox, or submitting them on articles directories and your social profiles.
Personally, I share my content on social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Make sure to join “highly relevant” groups there to reach out to the “right” target audience, really fast.
4. Include backlinks to your blogs posts – During publishing your blogs or product description pages on external sites as mentioned above, make sure to include a backlink in the signature, or author box.
Include keywords or title of the landing page on the “name” field, the actual landing page on the URL field, and offer a thoughtful comment on the blog or forums you’re dropping your content.
This way, your articles, comments, or threads are more likely to be accepted.
5. Do not forget to use Social Profiles – In order to rank higher in search engine results, your website has to be well-established and active on third-party websites, your social profiles, and other external websites.
Do not settle if you’ve managed to reach the “right” audience after performing the above four steps.
You can still go one step further to “truly” establish yourself as an industry expert. Once you’ve managed to create a strong online presence, you do NOT have to invest anymore. People on your networks will help promote your business automatically.
So do us a favor – post a brief product information and blog content on your social media profiles. In addition, bookmark your content on popular social bookmarking sites.
When Google finds that your backlinks are coming from variety of sources, not just from search engine results, automatically they’ll love your online store and increase your rankings.
We would like to hear from you. Tell us any handy tips to reach out to the right audience for your e-commerce website (comment below).